Financing

Thank you for choosing Rockford Ambulatory Surgery Center. We are committed to your visit being a pleasant experience. Our staff of receptionists, insurance clerks and account representatives are here to be of assistance to you and family. We are here to help answer your questions.

Facility Fee

The Surgery Center facility fee includes charges for the operating room, recovery room and most other services provided during your stay. The facility fee DOES NOT include professional fees for your Surgeon, Anesthesiologist or Pathologist. These are INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONALS NOT EMPLOYED BY THE SURGERY CENTER.

Please inform us if your insurance policy designates pathology/laboratory services from a specific provider. Special supplies and equipment (lasers, external fixation devices, implants, orthopedic plates and screws) may generate additional charges. CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IN ADVANCE TO VERIFY COVERAGE.

Feel free to contact our patient accounts department if you have any questions regarding our fees.

Insurance

Most insurance companies and employers favor outpatient surgery. Some tailor reimbursement schedules as an incentive to use outpatient centers. We suggest that you confirm your coverage; always check with your insurance provider. In some instances, you may be asked to pay a portion of any unmet insurance deductible prior to your surgery. If your insurance company determines that your condition is pre-existing and denies payment, the entire charge will be your responsibility.

  • AETNA Heath, Inc.
  • The Alliance (Employer Health Care Alliance Cooperative)
  • Beechstreet (Multiplan)
  • BlueCross/BlueShield PPO and HMO/Physicians Care Network (PCN)
  • Choice Care Network (Humana)
  • CIGNA
  • Corvel Corporation (Core-Care Work Comp)
  • Coventry Health (Personal Care, Note: Swedes employees will be out of network for Tier 1)
  • ECOH/ECOH River Valley
  • Freeport Health Network (through Northern Illinois Health Plans)
  • HFN (Health Care Finest Network)
  • Medicare
  • Medicare Replacement Policies
  • Multiplan
  • One Health PPO/HMO (Great West Insurance)
  • PHCS
  • Preferred Plan Inc. (formerly Benesight)
  • United Healthcare

Medicare

Rockford Ambulatory Surgery Center accepts assignment on all Medicare Part B claims. This means we agree to adjust your charges to the Medicare allowed amount. Medicare reimburses 80% of the allowed amount after your Part B deductible has been met. Any remaining deductible and your 20% coinsurance will be billed to one supplemental insurance carrier. If you do not have a supplemental insurance policy, you will be responsible for any deductible and/or coinsurance.

Rockford Ambulatory Surgery Center accepts Medicare Replacement policies; however, we are NOT directly contracted with all of them. Please check with your insurance carrier for possible penalties and benefit reductions before scheduling your surgery.

CareCredit

CareCredit® is North America's leading patient payment program. CareCredit works just like a credit card, but is exclusive for health care services. With low monthly payment options, no up-front costs, no prepayment penalties and no annual fees, it offers a convenient way to finance any balance your insurance company does not cover. It allows you to make monthly payments that easily fit your budget.

Workers’ Compensation/Accident Related Claims

Rockford Ambulatory Surgery Center is not responsible for any disputed claims. When an accident, liability, workers' compensation or group claim is disputed, the matter is resolved by the patient and the company involved. In such cases, the patient will be requested to pay the bill prior to the claim being resolved. The balance is due within 90 days of any denial.

Collection Policy

When you register for services at RASC, you sign a contract with the Center which states that you understand and accept full responsibility to pay for the services rendered by the Center regardless of the type or amount of health insurance. You also consent for us to directly bill your insurance carrier for the covered portion of the charge. If it becomes evident after 90 days that a patient does not intend to satisfy his/her financial obligation to RASC, a collection agency and/or legal action may be implemented to settle the debt. You will be responsible for an additional collection fee of 30%.

Rockford Ambulatory Surgery Center

© Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Notice

Disclosure

Visit us on